To book a session you will need a minimum of 10 young people and have a venue space with internet access. Contact Rachel McGrath for further details on 01604 230033 or email: email@example.com
Young Philanthropy is a free course delivered by the Foundation Team to young people aged 18-24 years of age. We can deliver this course to colleges and universities, charitable organisations and agencies. We deliver the course at your venue for free which results in a certificate that can contribute to build a CV, UCAS points and provide an alternative learning experience as well as an insight into philanthropy and the local charitable sector.
On completion of the course a young person will receive a certificate and an opportunity to take up an optional volunteering placement.
Learner aims and objectives:
- Unique one day free course for 18-24 year olds which enables a unique selling point on a young person’s CV
- Build personal and social development (on aspects such as confidence, aspirations and ambitions and contributions to communities)
- Alternative education and learning experience
- Insight and understanding into philanthropy, working in the charitable sector and donor motivations
- Insight and understanding of small grassroots voluntary and community sector organisations
- Lever opportunities for voluntary work placements in the charitable sector
- Progressive recognition of achievement