The KHL Big Local – Community Chest Fund will offer grants of £250 to £5000 for projects that are all about improving the wellbeing of residents based in Kingswood and Hazel Leys in Corby. The Fund is managed by Northamptonshire Community Foundation on behalf of the KHL Partnership. You can find out more about the activities of the KHL Partnership here or follow on Twitter
Applications are welcomed for projects that cover a broad range of community activity.
Priority will be given to projects working with:
• Children and young people
• Diverse communities
• Older people and vulnerable people
An example project may include:
• Community events and activities
• Small scale training, rental and staffing costs
• Small and large pieces of equipment
• Support groups, residents associations, sports and arts clubs
• A whole lot more!
Am I eligible?
• You must be an individual or a community group residing in Kingswood or Hazel Leys
• Your activity must take place entirely within and benefit solely and exclusively the residents of Kingswood and Hazel Leys
If you are applying as an individual - please contact the Grants Team in the first instance on 01604 230033
• You will need a supporting reference from a professional agent or agency to support your application - this can include a police officer, GP, teacher, local councillor or manager of a local community group
•You must submit a Disclosure and Barring Service check if working with children and young people
If applying as a group:
• You must be a small, locally managed, voluntary, community or self-help group
• You must have people volunteering to help with your activity, who are not part of your management committee
• You must have a set of written rules or constitution that your group adheres to. We can help advise you on how to do this especially if you are a new group
• You must have a child protection policy in place when working with children and young people and here is guidance on how to develop one
The programme will not fund the following:
• Profit making organisations or businesses
• Activities of a political nature
• Activities which exclusively support or promote religion or religious behaviour
How to apply:
If you are applying for £500 or less then please use this application: KHL Big Local small grant form
If applying for over £500 and up to £5000 please click the application link here to get started: Online application form
Please wait for at least 15 minutes & check your junk mail for the email containing the link
For guidance notes click here
The next closing dates for applications is Friday 7th April 2017 and the panel will meet at the end of April.
Northamptonshire Community Foundation can provide advice and guidance during the application process as well as viewing draft applications prior to submission. You may also wish to go to our resources section for additional guidance and support materials: Resources.